#30daybeadchallenge Day 3 Reveal

Challenge: Create a set of jewelry that you can wear together...



Not used to beading a Saturday- but alas the challenge doesn't rest! So I snuck up to the studio and put together this Pewter/Green trio of pieces that are not so matchy matchy- but together coordinate!
The necklace is strung on steel grey waxed linen cording, and beaded with hematite rounds, and some very special ceramic beads from Slate Studios Supply.  The bracelet was created around this matte ceramic button from Gaea, that has the same color- and I pulled out my Tierra Cast Vida Mas Dulce components AGAIN- and did a sort of unexpected thing with linen cording and I LOVE IT. each side of the bracelet is asymmetrical- the one side features silver leather from Classic Elements, and a Lampwork glass bead from Loupiac which just happens to be green with grey polka dots. PERFECT.
The other side is steel wire linked hematite rounds, and a Tierra Cast button. The earrings are the floral coin beads from Tierra Cast, strung on waxed linen cording with 2 sweet ceramic rounds from Elaine Ray.

If you are interested in playing along, get the PDF version of the calendar for the 30 day bead challenge and print your own, or refer to it here:

Comments

  1. Beautiful set! I really love the mix of elements and hues. I also like that the pieces work with one another but aren't as you stated too matchy matchy. I've never liked wearing matching sets when it comes to jewelry.

    This challenge sounds really fun and a great way to inspire new ideas. I think I'll print it out and file it away. I would love to attempt it once Liam starts kindergarten next year (crazy right, it seems like he was just born).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha